HFS has been working to help people with low incomes to furnish and equip their homes since 1988.
We collect unwanted but reusable furniture & appliances, preventing them from going to waste in landfill. We also stock paint for decorating and other household items. Our training department provides work-based and craft skills opportunities.
Each year we save about 300 tons of furniture, electricals and paint, delivering affordable goods to approximately 4,000 low-income households.
HFS is a registered charity and social enterprise. We do not make a profit from our services in the community. All funds raised help us to keep the service running, provide training for people who are out of work and invest in expanding and improving our services.
Our history in pictures:
Click to look through the slideshow and see more info:
Awards for HFS
- Against All Odds Award for HFS volunteer Ruben, 2016
- Shopfront Design Awards, 2016
- Best Business, Brighton and Sussex Venus Awards 2014
- Best Social Enterprise, Sussex and Surrey BBC Community Heroes Awards 2013
- Highly Commended Social Enterprise or Charity, Own Grown Awards 2013
- Best Partner Organisation, Future Jobs 2011
- Social Enterprise of the Year, 1066 Business Awards 2010
- Overall Business of the Year, 1066 Business Awards 2007
- Community Business of the Year, 1066 Business Awards 2007
- Volunteer Manager Superstar – South East region 2007
- Employer of the Year, Tomorrows People Trust Awards 2006
Registered Charity Number 1003257
A list of our charity Trustees and our latest Annual Accounts are available on the website
Company Limited by Guarantee 2304489
VAT registration number 862766978
Registered Office: HFS 6-10 Dorset Place Hastings TN34 1LG