Community Learning courses are funded by Education Futures Trust and Sussex Coast College.
Basic 4-week courses: £50
Advanced 8-week courses: £95
If you receive one of the following benefits you can get a “fee waiver” so the course is FREE:
- JSA (Jobseekers Allowance) including National Insurance credits
- ESA (Employment Support Allowance) WRAG (Work-related activity group)
- Universal Credit and earning under £330 a month
Or if you are currently unemployed and receiving one of the following benefits and earning under £330 a month:
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit
- ESA (Employment Support Allowance) non WRAG
- Housing Benefit
- Asylum Seekers in receipt of income-based benefits
Deposits for free course bookings
When you book a free course we have to take a copy of some recent evidence (within the last 6 months) that you are entitled to the discount.
We will also ask for a returnable deposit of £5 to hold your space. This is because our funding depends on people attending the courses – we can’t claim if you don’t come!
The deposit is returned at the end of the course if you have attended the sessions.
What is included?
- Materials (including furniture to work on if applicable)
- Protective equipment (goggles and masks)
- Refreshments (tea, coffee, water)
- Overalls to protect your clothes
What is not included?